Professional Clinical Massage Therapy
The Professional Clinical Massage Therapy program provides instruction in therapeutic massage with advanced training in the treatment of soft tissue ailments, postural distortions and degenerative processes of the body. The program can prepare you for employment in medical-based facilities such as physicians' offices and rehabilitation centers, while also training students in the arts associated with a spa setting. You can receive training in massage law, basic massage theory techniques, allied modalities and neuromuscular clinical massage theory techniques. The program includes 90 hours of practical clinical experience. Upon successful completion of this program, you will receive a diploma in Professional Clinical Massage Therapy.
Our Professional Clinical Massage Therapy program is designed to prepare you to:
- Gain the advanced skills needed to work in a medical setting
- Have the basic skills needed to perform as a massage therapist
- Possess a strong understanding of human anatomy and physiology, proper client communication skills, and treatment skills
- Perform proper therapeutic massage techniques
Courses for our Professional Clinical Massage Therapy program include:
- Orientation to Massage Therapy
- Massage Principles & Practice
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Structural Anatomy & Kinesiology
- Clinical Neuromuscular Therapy
- Massage Therapy Clinical Practicum
Upon completion of our Professional Clinical Massage Therapy program, you can be eligible to be considered as a candidate for the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork examination to become a licensed massage therapist. Learn more about our Professional Clinical Massage Therapy diploma program.